The Peaceful Housewife is having a natural parenting blog party, and I felt like joining.
- How many children do you have, and how old are they? One almost five year old boy, according to him is very different that four and a half.
- Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent? I’m co-parenting, and married to my best friend and nemesis. There is no way I could be on this journey without him, he balances all of my ways of being with Alder.
- What are your “hot button” parenting issues? Unschooling/homeschooling, Freedom, and Parents choosing what is right for their family.
- Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting? We swore that AP parenting was ridiculous, until someone pointed out that everything we did was exactly that, I’m just not one for labels in any form.
- Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices? That’s easy my son, every book I’ve read does nothing more than remind me that I can learn the most from him and both of our sense of right.
- If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use? Balanced.
- Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change? Moving so often, I don’t regret the friends we made while living in Vermont, but four moves in two and a half years only to end up 15 blocks from where we started made for a lot of chaos in Alders early life.
- Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at? Healthy lunches and breakfasts. By choice we all eat good for us foods but so often we’re left with more pb&j sandwiches or cheese, salami and crackers because I’m out of ideas.
- Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day? Garden fresh goodness, I am missing fresh food so much right now, I was giddy when we had our first chard/kale harvest of the spring.
- Vanilla ice cream or chocolate? Chocolate is it even a question?
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Bad country music while taking early morning drives on the prairie.
- If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be? Either Firefly or Northern Exposure.